Israeli PM ordered ‘massive attacks’ in response to Gaza missiles

Vastavam web: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday he had ordered the military to launch further strikes on Gaza Strip terrorists in response to rocket fire from the territory, as an escalation entered its second day. “I instructed the (military) this morning to continue its massive strikes on terror elements in the Gaza Strip and ordered (it) to reinforce the troops around the Gaza Strip with tanks, artillery and infantry forces,” Netanyahu said at the start of a cabinet meeting.

Israel said around 450 rockets or mortars had been fired from the Palestinian enclave run by Hamas since Saturday, and it responded with waves of air and tank strikes. Netanyahu is currently engaged in tough negotiations to form a new government following his victory in April 9 elections.