Vastavam web: TikTok and its US employees are planning to take President Trump’s administration to court over his sweeping order to ban the popular video app Tik Tok. The employees’ legal challenge to Trump’s executive order will be separate from a pending lawsuit from the company that owns the app, though both will argue that the order is unconstitutional, said Mike Godwin, an internet policy lawyer representing the employees.
Trump last week ordered sweeping but vague bans on dealings with the Chinese owners of TikTok and messaging app WeChat, saying they are a threat to US national security, foreign policy and the economy. “Employees correctly recognize that their jobs are in danger and their payment is in danger right now,” Godwin said. TikTok didn’t return multiple requests for comment this week. It said in a statement Friday that it was “shocked by the recent Executive Order, which was issued without any due process.” TikTok said it spent nearly a year trying to engage in “good faith” with the US government to address its concerns.