Vastavam web: Eleven people killed in major fire accident caused by short circuit at hotel in vijayawada on sunday which using for covid-19 care centre. About 50 Covid-19 patients were being treated at the time of the incident. Swarna Palace hotel situated on Eluru Road was taken on lease by Ramesh Hospital to treat Covid-19 patients. From last two weeks 50 patients were admitted in Swarna Palace by the hospital.
About 10 para medical staff were assisting them at the time of the incident. Most of the deaths have taken place due to suffocation from smoke, according to officials. As Covid-19 patients were already suffering with respiratory problems, and thick smoke further aggravated their conditions. Many patients were heard screaming for help from the windows of hotel rooms.