AP CM launches Grama volunteers service on Independence Day

Vastavam web: AP Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has launched Grama Volunteers service on the occasion of 73rd Independence Day celebrations in Vijayawada. In this context, CM has presented ID cards to newly recruited volunteers, and this event will be conducted across the state in the presences of MLAs. AP government has appointed 2.5 lakh volunteers in all 13 districts.

The Grama Volunteers service has started from August 15 in AP. Speaking on the occasion, CM YS Jagan said he has decided to appoint volunteers system with the intention of doing good for the people during the Praja Sankalpa Yatra.

CM YS Jagan stated that within two months after coming into power, the YSRCP government has given nearly four lakh jobs. Village secretariat is set up for every village which has 2,000 population. Where ten people will get jobs, like that 1.40 lakh people will get employment. He added that every volunteer should work with the motto of ‘I’ve heard, and I am there’.

The Chief Minister noted that Grama volunteers have to do three things. Every volunteer must have the YSRCP manifesto. The Navaratnalu and other schemes in the manifesto will be implemented through the volunteers. After that, they should identify the beneficiaries for the schemes. The volunteer should work towards to fulfilment of every promise and should ask everyone to vote by the next elections. CM YS Jagan has clarified that 80 per cent of the promises would be implemented in this year. The remaining 20 per cent will be completed by next year.