Vastavam web: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami on Saturday rejected allegations made against him by those accused in the Kodanad estate break-in case, saying the police will probe the matter. The All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) joint coordinator further said that a police case had been filed in the matter and that “strong action” will be taken against those who released the video.
“Yesterday (Friday), former Tehelka editor Samuel Mathews had released a video which links me to an incident (break-in) that happened in Amma’s Kodanad estate on April 24, 2017. This (charge) is completely contrary to facts and there is no iota of truth in it,” he said. It emerged during the probe that Jayalalithaa’s former driver C Kanagaraj and K V Sayan had allegedly plotted the crime.
A total of ten people had been arrested in the case, with a charge sheet also being filed later. However, Kanagaraj and Sayan’s wife and daughter were killed in separate road accidents during the probe, even as another employee of the property was found dead, in a case of suspected suicide. On Saturday, Palaniswami said the accused people, some of whom reportedly spoke in the video, had appeared in court 22 times in connection with the case so far, and questioned why they did not share the same in the court.