Afghan forces mistakenly killed nine people, mostly civilians

Vastavam web: Afghan forces mistakenly killed nine people, most of them civilians, during raid on a house in eastern Nangarhar province which has been a base for the Islamic State group and other militants, officials said today.The raid, which took place late last night in Chaparhar district, also wounded eight other civilians, said provincial governor Hayatullah Hayat. According to the governor, gunfire had been coming from the house that was raided but the casualties were identified as mostly civilians once the operation ended.

An investigation was underway to determine how the operation resulted in civilian casualties.Both Taliban and the Islamic States group are active in eastern Afghanistan.Meanwhile, in the central province of Kabul, two people – a policeman and a civilian – were killed after a bomb attached to a bicycle detonated on Monday in the Qarabagh district, said Mohammad Azem, the district governor.Azem added that four others, three policemen and a civilian, were wounded in that attack.