Vastavam web: The Pakistan Army on Thursday rejected claims that the Indian commandos selectively targeted a post across the Line of Control killing three Pakistani soldiers in a tit-for-tat action.Army spokesman Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor also said the armed forces are fully prepared to meet any eventuality.Addressing the media in Rawalpindi, Maj Gen Ghafoor also termed last year’s “surgical strike” by India across LoC as “false propaganda”. “You cannot lure us into such unprofessional undertakings.”
The Indian Army sources in New Delhi earlier this week said a “small group” of ‘Ghatak’ commandos carried out a tactical level selective targeting of the Pakistani post around 200-300 metres across the LoC in which three Pakistani soldiers were killed and one was injured.”India always looks to reduce the relevance of any gestures that Pakistan makes. However, every effort that anti-Pakistan elements make, we will counter,” he said.”Even if we do something as a good gesture, the Indian media will colour it in a negative light. We allowed Jadhav to meet his family as a responsible state,” he added
He also accused India of a record number of ceasefire violation in 2017, which he claimed was being done to divert attention of Pakistan from fighting terrorism on its western border.”No organised infrastructure of any banned organisation is present in Pakistan. There are no facilitators [of terrorist groups] in Pakistan and we have gone a long way towards supporting peace in the region,” he said.
The spokesman also rejected US Vice President Mike Pence’s remarks in Afghanistan wherein he had said that US had put Pakistan on notice. “What kind of friends are we that we are being given notices,” Ghafoor said.He also responded to a question that Maryam Nawaz and Nawaz Sharif were allegedly targeting armed forces.”We will maintain our silence on the matter as Pakistan’s armed forces are well aware of the threats and challenges we are facing and our achievements against them; thus we will not be distracted,” he said.