Peter Jackson claimed Weinstein made me blacklist Judd, Sorvino

HOLLYWOOD, CA - DECEMBER 09: Writer/director/producer Peter Jackson attends the premiere of New Line Cinema, MGM Pictures and Warner Bros. Pictures' "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" at Dolby Theatre on December 9, 2014 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)

Vastavam web: Director Peter Jackson has claimed Harvey Weinstein designed a “smear campaign” against Ashley Judd and Mira Sorvino, that discouraged him to offer roles to the two actors who were one of the first women to openly accuse the disgraced media mogul of sexual harassment.The 56-year-old filmmaker said he was unaware of the allegations against Weinstein while working him on projects including “The Hobbit” and “LOTR” trilogy, but was wary of collaborating again.”I now suspect we were fed false information about both of these talented women (Judd and Sorvino) – and as a direct result their names were removed from our casting list,” Jackson told New Zealand’s Stuff in an interview.

The filmmaker described Weinstein and his brother, Bob’s behaviour likening to that of “second-rate Mafia bullies”.Judd and Sorvino had earlier claimed they had lost out on films due to Weinstein.The actors took to Twitter to thank Jackson for speaking up.Judd said, “Peter and Fran had me in – showed me all the creative, the boards, costumes, everything. They asked which if the two roles I preferred, and then I abruptly never heard from hem again. I appreciate the truth coming out. Thank you, Peter.”