China conveyed to india to take “concrete actions” by pulling back troops from Doklam

Vastavam web: China today said it has conveyed its firm stand to India that it must take “concrete actions” by immediately pulling back troops from Doklam in the Sikkim section with “no strings attached” to resolve the current standoff.Providing the details of the July 28 meeting between National Security Advisor Ajit Doval and State Councillor Yang Jiechi for the first time, Chinese Foreign Ministry told that the two officials exchanged views on BRICS cooperation, bilateral relations and relevant major problems.Doval was in Beijing last month to attend the BRICS Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa NSAs meeting.

“Yang Jiechi expressed China’s stern positions and explicit requirements on the trespass of Indian border troops into China’s territory at the Sikkim section of China-India boundary,” it said, indicating that there was no breakthrough during the talks between Doval and Yang.India’s position on the issue was made clear by External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj last month, saying both sides should first pull back their troops for any talks to take place, favouring a peaceful resolution of the border standoff.The Chinese Foreign Ministry said during his talks with Doval, Yang also “urged India to respect China s territorial sovereignty, the international law and the basic rules governing international relations and immediately pull back the trespassing India border troops to the Indian side of the boundary with no strings attached and resolve the current incident with concrete actions.”

The fact sheet said on June 18 about 270 Indian troops entered more than 100 meters into the Chinese territory to “obstruct the road building of the Chinese side, causing tension in the area”.”Over 400 people at one point, have put up three tents and advanced over 180 meters into the Chinese territory,” it said.”As of the end of July, there were still over 40 Indian border troops and one bulldozer illegally staying in the Chinese territory,” it said.New Delhi has expressed concern over the road building, apprehending that it may allow Chinese troops to cut India’s access to its northeastern states.

 

The fact sheet said the standoff occurred in an area where there is a clear and delimited boundary.”This makes it fundamentally different from past frictions between the border troops of the two sides in areas with undelimited boundary. The Indian border troops crossing of the already delimited boundary is a very serious incident as it violates China s sovereignty and territorial integrity,” it said.”The China-Bhutan boundary issue is one between China and Bhutan. It has nothing to do with India. As a third party, India has no right to interfere in or impede the boundary talks between China and Bhutan, still less the right to make territorial claims on Bhutan s behalf,” the fact sheet added. “No country should ever underestimate the resolve of the Chinese government and people to defend China s territorial sovereignty. China will take all necessary measures to safeguard its legitimate and lawful rights and interests,” it warned